Spring Cleaning? Disposal event - April 8th
So take the time to start your spring cleaning and pull out all those dusty cans and items that have been hanging around! They say you can bring a variety of items such as:
- Automotive products such as motor oil, transmission fluid, and batteries
- Personal care items like unwanted medicines or cosmetics
- Syringes (clearly labeled and packaged in a “sharps” container or other leak proof, puncture-resistant container)
- Household products such as pesticides, paint, hazardous cleaners, compact fluorescent lightbulbs
- Electronics – check the list of items that are considered electronics.
Be sure to bring ID though, as this is only for NYC residents and for NYC residential waste!
- Appliances (Appliances with CFC/Freon (refrigerators, air conditioners & dehumidifiers): Contact 311 to make an appointment for CFC removal, then recycle curbside.
- Household Appliances: Remove batteries and recycle curbside. (Alternatively, for small working household appliances consider taking them to the Downtown Brooklyn Stop 'N' Swap on April 19th)
- Tires: Bring back to businesses that sell them, bring to a DSNY Household Special Waste Drop-Off Site, or to any DSNY garage.