|Wil Blanche, flickr|
Did you know that electronics recycling in NYC is now required by law? Old computers, monitors, and other electronics must be recycled at a dedicated eWaste recycling facility.
At this event there will also be free shredding and you can learn about composting. Check the links for details.
Sun October 23, 10:00AM - 4:00 PM
Fall Recycling Day: Electronics, Textiles and more!
PS 29 Schoolyard - Baltic St. between Henry St. and Clinton St.
Public School 29 at 425 Henry Street in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn will be hosting its fall recycling day. All items collected during the day will be recycled according to the highest environmental standards.
• Old computers and electronics will be collected by Lower East Side Ecology Center, in conjunction with Cobble Hill Association. See www.lesecologycenter.org to review the list of accepted items from households.
• Computer hard drive shredding provided by eRecycleNY, PS 29 parent owned EPA compliant electronics recycling company serving the NYC area. See www.eRecycleNY.com for more information.
• Clothing rummage sale, proceeds go to PS 29 PTA. Wearable Collections will be picking up remaining clothes, as well as stained & ripped clothing, textiles & stuffed animals. www.wearablecollections.com
• Confidential Documents shredded on-site (& then recycled) for a small fee. by Time Shred Services
• Composting Workshop led by The NYC Compost Project in Brooklyn. Backyard composters will also be for sale.
For more information, please contact us at PS29RECYCLES@gmail.com.