- Live music from the Defibulators (a Brooklyn-based rockabilly/hillbilly band) at 12:00 and 2:30
- Food and beverages available for purchase from V-Spot vegan restaurant, Union Hall, and the Treats Truck
- Children’s activities including fun, do-it-yourself art projects using discarded materials and led by RePlayGround, a letter-writing campaign with Parents for Climate Protection, natural toys and arts and crafts with Waldorf Handworks, organic baby and toddler clothes from Farmer Kids and face painting with Sharon Enlow
- A raffle with all kinds of great, green prizes
- A working ambulance (provided by FDNY) and a display of AdRide recumbent bikes for children to explore.
- The Dept. of Environmental Protection is planning to send a boat called the Jamaica Bay which will be available for viewing.
The Gowanus Canal Conservancy is dedicated to being the steward for
the preservation, restoration and green development of the Gowanus
Canal and environs for the greater good of the community.