This evening kicks off the festivities for the 20th Annual Red Hook Fest!
This free 20th annual festival's theme and truly Red Hook's undercurrent in the past months has been "Rebuild, Restore, Rebirth: Resilience after Sandy." The annual Red Hook Earth and Surf Parade has even been reborn this year - after an 11 year lull! Check out their website www.redhookfest.com for more info.
- Thursday, May 30th from 6pm - 8pm at the Miccio Center (110 West 9th St) - Youth Kick-Off Event
- Friday, May 31st from 6pm - 9pm at PS 15 (71 Sullivan St) - Community BBQ & Dance Party
- Red Hook Rebirth Parade begins from Coffey Park (Richards St & Pioneer St) at 10 am on Saturday, June 1st
- Saturday, June 1st from 12pm - 7pm at Valentino Pier & Park (Coffey St & Ferris St) - Mainstage Performances
- Brown Rice Family - Winners of the 2012 Battle of the Boroughs
- Gangstagrass - Emmy nominated for the theme song on FX's Justified ('nuff said! I love that song!)
- Camille A. Brown & Dancers - Dance... Amplified!
- Avenida B - Live Salsa Dura Band
- Nicholas Leichter Dance - NYC based company with performances in 50 cities and 12 countries
- The Hungry March Band - Street brass march band from Brooklyn who will lead the Parade
The mainstage performances will take place at Valentino Pier & Park and the festival will include special activities such as free Kayak rides in New York Harbor thanks to the Red Hook Boaters and other various fun and activities for all ages sponsored by community partners.